Shortcomings aside, I think I'm decent at choosing marinades for meat. I discovered this marinade four years ago and it's always my go-to whenever we want to make steak tips. I highly recommend it. And I also recommend having someone else grill it for you. Hurrah for division of labor!
Thanks to allrecipes again, especially Domenici, who apparently took one for the team and ate a lot of beef to perfect this recipe. The only thing I would change is to marinate the beef overnight instead of only an hour.
Steak Tip Marinade
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper seasoning
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tip steaks
- In a medium bowl, mix the Worcestershire sauce, Italian-style salad dressing, garlic pepper seasoning, and barbeque sauce. Place the meat in the marinade, and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Brush grill lightly with oil to prevent sticking. Place steaks on the grill, and discard marinade. Grill steaks 10 minutes on each side, or to desired doneness.