Friday, December 19, 2014

Pan-Seared Tilapia

Usually I steam fish for dinner (Chinese-style, and not as elaborate as my previous post because frankly, I'm too lazy) but I like experimenting and seeing how V responds to fish cooked in different ways.  She likes it steamed and deep-fried, so pan-fried wasn't too much of a risk.

This recipe was nice because she could help, too.  I let her help me coat the fish with flour (which I now consider essential for pan-fried fish because it prevents the fish from sticking to the pan.)  She ate almost an entire filet by herself.  I didn't even have to use butter at the end.

Thanks to AppleChef for this delicious recipe!  I'm grateful for fast seafood recipes.


INGREDIENTS:
4 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
DIRECTIONS:
1.Rinse tilapia fillets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Season both sides of each fillet with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow dish; gently press each fillet into the flour to coat and shake off the excess flour.
2.Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook the tilapia in the hot oil until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 4 minutes per side. Brush the melted butter onto the tilapia in the last minute before removing from the skillet. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment