Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Instant Pot Mac and Cheese

Classic mac and cheese in the Instant Pot!  The only thing I don't like is that when you quick release the IP it bubbles/froths out of the pressure release and you have the wash the lid well.  It's really not a big deal.

And careful- it yields a LOT of mac and cheese.  My kids have no problem with this.

Thank you, Active Hip Momma!


Ingredient List
  • I box (16 ounce of elbow macaroni)
  • 1 cup of heavy whipping cream ( 1 can of evaporated milk(12 ounce) would work or even whole milk)I think I added a little more till I got the consistency I was looking for- (Tablespoon at a time)
  • 3 Tb of butter
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 cups of water
Inside the instant pot, place the macaroni, water, salt and butter. Set instant pot on 4 minutes manual , manual release pressure(quick release).  After that is done, take lid off and set pot on saute and add whipping cream, and stir. Then slowly add cheese as it melts! enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment