I've been trying to use up the ingredients I have in my pantry so I split the batch. The first half had dried cranberries and white chocolate, and the other had chocolate chips. Both were pretty well received. I also omitted the walnuts because nut allergies make me nervous. Thanks, Allrecipes! 2050 people can't be wrong, right?
Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts, and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.