Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pancakes

V loves breakfast foods. When I'm home in the morning with her I'll try and make breakfast more interesting than cereal and milk.  Today she wanted pancakes, and this recipe is my go-to for easy pancakes that don't require ingredients not normally in my pantry.

Dakota Kelly, thanks for posting this on Allrecipes!

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tbsp butter, melted

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
I used coconut oil in my frying pan and it worked pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment