Thanks to Chocolate Chip Trips for the recipe!
- 2 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pie crust (recipe below)
2. Using a 2in diameter cookie cutter, cut 16 rounds of pie dough. Lightly press into a buttered muffin pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, syrup, sugar, flour, salt and vanilla. Pour about 2-3 Tablespoons in each mini pie shell. Be careful that the filling doesn't flow over the shell.
4. Spread 2 Tb pecans in each shell.
Bake at 375 deg F. for 20 minutes or until filling is set. Remove each tartelette onto cooling rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Whole Wheat Pie Crust (adapted from Land O'Lakes)
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 2 to 3 Tbs ice cold water
2. Shape dough ball. Flatten slightly. Wrap ball in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
The second recipe is a little on the sweeter side and it's from Cooking for Engineers:
Chocolate Pecan Pie
The recipe is formatted differently, so go directly to the site. Thanks, Michael Chu!