Making sure the cream cheese is softened is KEY. Microwave it (out of the foil packet, of course) or leave it out at room temperature to get the consistency you need. I omitted the orange juice and it still tasted fine- I think it's more for color than taste. I served it with graham crackers, apple slices, and honey wheat pretzel braids.
Thanks to the MRI tech and Sue from Allrecipes!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving.