Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Biscoff (Cookie Butter) granola

I was kinda iffy on yogurt growing up until I realized that it became infinitely better when you added granola to it.  Store-bought granola can either be really delicious or really gross and lately the really delicious brand has been pretty expensive.  I decided to make my own, and I might not ever go back. 

The best part?  Being able to add whatever I want.  I've been getting ingredients from the bulk food section so it doesn't cost a fortune.

I forgot why I looked for a cookie butter granola recipe but I don't regret it.  This version is super easy and totally addictive.  

Thanks, Rachel Gurk!  I love this granola.  I should make some tonight.


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/2 cup Biscoff spread (creamy, not crunchy)
  • 1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut)
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3 cups thick cut rolled oats (I used quick oats instead)
  • 1 cup sliced raw almonds
  • 3 tablespoons ground flax 
  • pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat baking mat.
  2. Add Biscoff spread and oil to a small bowl and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds on 50% power or until melty. Stir in honey.
  3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cinnamon, oats, almonds, ground flax (or wheat germ), and salt. Pour Biscoff mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined and all dry ingredients are coated. Spread onto prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, stir, and continue baking for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before storing in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment